Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Message from Johannesburg (Gauteng), South Africa.

Br. Johani,

Thank you for your reciprocal wishes. It is much appreciated.

The marriage of your third son is simply splendid news. May the Almighty bless their union & grant them healthy & pious children, Ameen. My daughter & her family spent 3 weeks with us in early December & they are now back in Alor Star. I will certainly pass on your invitation to them too. I hope that I may have a chance to visit Malaysia soon again, Insha Allah. I enjoyed the sights & sounds, the friendly people & very importantly, the Islamic ambience. The Islamic culture is the key for me - I spent a very short time in Ramadan in Sadao, just inside the Thai border. My goodness, what a very sad & sick place that is - and it is only a few hundred metres away from the closest Malaysian border town. The difference is Islam . . . . . May the Almighty lead those sad people to a better way.

South Africa also has places of beauty. The Malay influence is very evident in the beautiful port city of Cape Town. The Kruger National Park is internationally renown for its wild animals in their natural habitat. In one weekend there, we managed to see the "big 5" of the African bush - lions, African buffalo, elephants, rhino's & even the elusive leopard - and many other animals . . .

It is worth a visit. Warmest regards.

Salam

Shakir.

No comments:

Post a Comment